Advancing Healthcare Together – The Future of Healthcare is in East Texas
Why UT Health - East Texas?
Our People. Our people truly are our greatest strength. They make a massive difference in the amazing care we provide every day. We work closely together to create a positive experience for our patients and each other.
Our Purpose. We will build on your experience and provide meaningful and purposeful career growth for your future. You will have the opportunity every day to make a difference in someone’s life and change the course of healthcare.
Our Place. Tyler, Texas is a small town with a huge heart where you will have the privilege of caring for your neighbors. Everybody is somebody here.
Representing the very best in healthcare, UT Health East Texas is comprised of 10 hospitals and more than 50 clinics across east Texas. With nearly 7,500 employees and over 1,000 licensed in-patient beds, UT Health East Texas provides healthcare services to thousands of patients annually through our hospitals, clinics, Level 1 trauma facility, air emergency fleet and EMS service in a metropolitan service area of a quarter-million people.
Our UT Health East Texas Tyler hospital is seeking an experienced Massage Therapist. We are looking for your experience, knowledge and patient care skills in our Olympic Center where you will be responsible for:
What You Will Be Doing:
Maintain a client load averaging a predetermined goal of a number of treatments per month.
Initiating and maintaining a client chart/file that will include a client history on initial visit. Noting precautions contraindications and PMHx and a corresponding S.O.A.P. note on each visit.
Preparing and maintaining an appropriate environment in the massage therapy room. This will include music, lighting, room temperature, and the cleanliness of sheets, pillows, blankets and other items used during treatments.
Schedules clients in coordination with the membership services department and maintains schedules and monthly productivity statistics.
Maintains and improves the knowledge and skills of the massage therapy profession and ETMC through various forms of continuing education.
Communicates with clients pertaining to their treatment needs and educational client initiatives as identified.
Participates in ETMC activities and community events/activities when approved by the Director of the Olympic Center.
Will assist the Olympic Center staff in other duties as needed when not scheduled for treatments.
So what experience are we looking for in our Massage Therapist?
- Patient Centered Customer Service: Genuinely care about people.
- Cultivate a compassionate environment: Changing lives for the better together.
- Clinical and Operational Excellence: A relentless drive to be the best.
- Holistic Approach: Think and act for the benefit of the whole.
- Promote a collaborative environment: Build effective working relationships with others.
- Identify and Develop Talent: Prepare others to deliver excellence.
- Business Acumen: Know, own and drive our business.
- Continually Simplify and Improve: Work to make everything as efficient as possible.
- Foster Innovation: Seek and apply leading edge solutions.
- Set Clear Direction: Tell others where you are going, how to get there and why.
Now that you have read about what you will be doing and the experience we seek, it is time to apply and make a difference in the lives of our patients.
UT Health East Texas is an equal opportunity employer (including veterans and persons with disabilities).